Last updated 25th August 2015.
The website www.artedit.com.au is owned and operated by Magnesium Media Pty Ltd (ABN 86 066 598 427). In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” means Magnesium Media Pty Ltd. Occasionally we might revise this policy to take into account any new or amended laws, new technologies or changes to our operations, and if we do so we will include in the updated policy the date on which the revisions take effect. We are committed to managing any personal information we collect in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which includes the Australian Privacy Principles (“Privacy Laws”).
WHAT IS CONSIDERED PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The term “personal information” is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Generally, it refers to information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include information like your name, age, date of birth, gender, address, other contact details including phone and email addresses, and financial information required for processing payments at your request (like your credit card information).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name;
- your address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your occupation and/or job title;
- information about any products and services you have purchased from us or enquired about, or information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional personal information you provide to us through our websites, email forms, competition entry forms or readership surveys
HOW DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE OR DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you, and do so in the following ways:
- through your registration when you purchase a magazine or digital subscription to one of our titles;
- through your access and use of our websites or apps;
- through entering one of our promotions or competitions;
- through your responses to our readership surveys;
- through your signing up to our newsletters;
- during conversations between you and our representatives; and
- when you complete an application or purchase order.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- through someone else who has provided us with your information (for example, a gift subscription);
- from third party companies such as subscription management companies, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- mailing lists;
- recruitment agencies;
- contractors and business partners.
Use of Internet cookies
We use Google Analytics to analyse the performance of our websites and advertising, and to report on how visitors are using our website. Google Analytics mainly uses first-party cookies to report on user interactions on Google Analytics customers’ websites. These cookies are used to store non-personally identifiable information. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.
We may also use some Google Analytics features and Google Advertising features on our websites and apps (including Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impressions Reporting, the Double Click Campaign Manager and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting), to record internet traffic information like how many times you have visited our website and also to optimise advertising selection for groups of individuals based on demographic information. Google Analytics features collect data about our website traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation.
Our websites, apps and advertisements on those websites and apps may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices – we make no warranties or representations about the privacy practices of these websites and we are not responsible for the privacy policies and content of those websites or conduct of the companies linked to our websites or apps.
Should you choose to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with us you may do so where it is lawful and practicable (for example, where we are still able to provide relevant services or do business with you while you are anonymous or using a pseudonym). It may not be practical to deal with you anonymously if we are processing a payment, delivering goods or services or sending personalised communications to you.
If we can’t collect your information
If we are unable to collect personal information because you do not provide the information outlined in this policy:
- we may be unable to provide you with the services and products (for example subscriptions or newsletters) you have requested to the same standard or at all;
- we may be unable to provide you information about products and services you wish to receive.
We take all reasonable steps to protect personal information you have provided to us from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We store information both in hard copy in our office (secured by locks and security systems) and digitally on our onsite secure server and at trusted third party storage providers. Our staff are required to sign in and use a password when accessing our secure systems and we use firewalls, antivirus software and email filtering.
However, you acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed and you provide information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk. Magnesium Media cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
You acknowledge that Magnesium Media is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any Third Party (including Third Parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by a Third Party may be subject to separate security policies as well as separate privacy policies.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We provide your personal information to third parties where you have consented to the disclosure. We also provide your personal information to third parties required to carry out our business activities and functions.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our business and websites – this includes but is not limited to web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mail houses, newsagents, couriers, payment processors, debt collectors and professional advisors;
- our sponsors or promoters of competitions we conduct or promote via our services;
- any relevant authority or enforcement body (e.g. police) or your Internet Service Provider for example, if we have reason to suspect you have breached any of our terms and conditions or engaged in any unlawful activity and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary;
- as required to or permitted by law (including Privacy Laws).
Disclosure of personal information outside of Australia
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including our US-based data hosting, CRM and Cloud-based IT service providers as well as other third parties operating in jurisdictions including China, India, Indonesia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and the United States where you have authorised us to do so.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information to enable us to perform our business activities and functions, including the following purposes:
- to provide you with our products and services;
- to provide you with subscriptions to our magazines and process payments;
- to provide you with digital subscriptions to our magazines via our apps;
- to provide you with our editorial email newsletters;
- to provide you with news and information about our existing and new products and services;
- to communicate with you via email, post or phone;
- to manage and strengthen our products and services;
- to conduct surveys, promotions and competitions on behalf of Magnesium Media and selected third parties;
- to provide your updated personal information to use, or our contractors or third-party service providers;
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers;
- as required or permitted by law (including the Privacy Laws)
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIALS
We may use your personal information for marketing and research purposes, and to send you marketing communications about products and services we think may be of interest to you. You can manage your communication preferences (including preference for method of communication) and opt-out of receiving these communications by contacting us or using opt-out/unsubscribe links on the communications received.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You can request access to any personal information we hold about you any time – you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below. If you would like us to make any corrections to the personal information we hold on you because you consider it to be incorrect or incomplete, you may request we amend it.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold, or where we cannot correct your personal information (for example, if doing either would affect the privacy of others or result in a breach of confidentiality) – if this happens we will provide you with the reason/s for our refusal.
If we can provide you with the personal information we hold on you we will try to provide you a suitable means of accessing it. We will not charge you for the provision of personal information or for any corrections you would like us to make, although we will ask you to verify your identity before granting any requests.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A COMPLAINT?
If you wish to make a complaint about the way in which we handle your personal information you can do so and provide the details of the incident in writing by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information provided below.
Once a complaint has been received the Privacy Officer will investigate the complaint. We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially, and our Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time from the date of receipt of the complaint to discuss your complaint and options to resolve it. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint in a timely and appropriate matter.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Magnesium Media Pty Ltd
Level 2, 68 Moncur Street
Woollahra NSW 2025
Tel: 02 9302 0255